I use GoDaddy as my hosting and obviously have a WordPress install. A few months ago, I started running into this error on Google Chrome: “No data received [ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE] Unable to load the webpage because the server sent no data.” I got a similar message in Firefox: “The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading.” This happened whenever I tried to make a new post and really put a damper on my blog activities on my various blogs.
I searched numerous forums, checked out my GoDaddy CPanel, looked at my FTP files, uninstalled & deactivated plugins, and made sure WordPress & plugins were all up to date. Still nothing worked! I did discover that the error could be triggered when editing files, as well though.
Becoming frustrated, I checked line-by-line of a draft to see what triggered the error, and I discovered it. The error occurred anytime a post had links with “http:” & “https:”.
Obviously removing the protocol declaration from links (and images) in a blog post could be problematic if I needed to link externally but thankfully, you don’t need to declare a protocol to make links. You can instead point to a website like this: //www.google.com instead of http:||google.com (slashes would be here instead of pipes obviously).
With any post I now make, I just make sure my links use protocol-relative URLs instead of declaring the protocol and I no longer receive errors. Unfortunately, I have yet to discover the root cause of the problem, but for the time being, it allows me to blog again while I figure it out.
So, I was working with Contact Form 7 with a client and for the life of me couldn’t get any forms to send to the client’s email which I had setup with Google Apps. The site is hosted on GoDaddy. So after some extensive Googling, it appears that I discovered a possible solution.
Download & Activate WP Mail STMP & configure the settings:
This allowed me to send a test email to my personal gmail account and to the client’s email account associated with the website with no problem but I was still unable to get the contact form to work.
To get Contact Form 7 to work, I had to make one more change:
Instead of using the primary email, I used to temp email Google assigns when an account is created, which you can keep for as long as you want. You can find it in your Google Account. Pretty sure this all have something to do with MX Records, ports and a whole lot of other complicated things that aren’t worth getting into but regardless, it worked…