As you may know, I recently applied as an Analyst for your Stockholm-based Premium Analytics team! Why should you consider me? Well, I’m hoping it’s enough that a big part of the reason why I moved to Sweden is to work for you, but if that’s not sufficient, here’s why I’m a great fit:
I can make business decisions (using data!)
- Here’s a website traffic report I make monthly where I make recommendations based on the traffic patterns of multiple channels.
- Here’s a report I made examining Live Nation and projecting their fiscal situation.
- Here’s a project examining golf data to identify if earnings are tied to outcomes.
I have experience with R, Python, SQL, Excel, SAS & SPSS
(I can certainly learn Minitab & Hadoop, too!)
- Here are 3 Python web apps I made using Spotify’s API + Heroku + Python!
- Here’s a project I put together using R that examines Twitter data using the search terms relevant to my jobs.
- Here’s a SQL lab I worked on with book data.
I have a whole lot of schooling!
Every degree and program involved a lot of economics & statistics.
- BA in Music Business & Journalism from UMBC (I created the major myself) – I made a music documentary & report about artists & social media as my thesis!
- MBA in Marketing from Loyola University in Maryland – Check out my project on the streaming music industry & the one about Live Nation I mentioned above.
- Graduate Certificate in Predictive Analytics from UMUC – Check out the golf & Twitter projects I worked on above.
- Data Science Bootcamp from Betamore (a tech incubator & education space in Baltimore) – That’s when I made those Python apps!
I love Music!
In addition to all of that:
- While managing a staff of 12 (and going to college), I created 40 issues of a print music magazine about local, small & mid-sized artists from 2006 – 2010.
- I worked with an agency contracted by Atlantic Records heading their street marketing promotions. Check out that Marketing Plan. I also made a fictional one for Warner Music Group back when they were still publicly traded.
- I worked at CBS Radio in Marketing & consulted for Outerloop Management, an artist management firm based out of Maryland.
- I wrote a piece about Gender Inequality in the Music Industry.
- I created more than 10 playlists on Spotify for my recent wedding. Here’s one 😉
So, I hope to hear from you soon because I traveled across the globe to live in Europe & work for my dream company! Still not sure? Check out my last.fm. I swear, I’m pretty cool!
P.S – I already have my Swedish work visa & a great apartment in Hammarby Sjöstad so I’m ready to start ASAP.